Military Records

In order to claim benefits as a veteran and align your records with your identity, it may be necessary to apply for an update to military records, particularly a Military Discharge Record (DD214), or an update to the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS).

Note: Gender in DEERS cannot be changed for active duty service members. So long as the military branches continue to list transgender status as disqualifying, attempting to change your gender in DEERS could put you at risk of discharge or other negative repercussions.